Have multiple lipomas, fibrous connective tissue, carpal tunnel syndrome, shooting pain in arm, joint pain. Done MRI. Help?

I have multiple lipomas all over my body. But, I also have unspecified fibrous connective tissue tumors. One was removed from a spinal nerve last year and one was just removed from the side/bottom of foot. I was just diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. I have multiple lipomas?fibrous tissue tumors? not sure which, all over top and bottom of forearm. I also have a lot of pain shooting up the arm with the carpal tunnel. Could these tumors be affecting the median nerve, causing carpal tunnel. I also had a rheumatoid level done since I have joint pain and my mother is crippled with rheumatoid. My level was only mildly elevated at 17. A rheumatologist wants only a hand MRI to see if there are bone changes, but I am asking him if he can add the forearm to the scan, and he will not. He will not give me any reason. I recently saw online a number of negative comments regarding this doctor. I saw him once, and he was abrupt and rude. Am I being unreasonable asking for the forearm MRI also?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013