Have multiple bulging veins on hip, family history of cirrhosis. Are they varicose veins or thrombophlebitis?

I have multiple bulging veins on my right hip some on my left hip and about 4 around my stomach below the belly button but above the waist . None of them hurt but looks concerning. Both parents had cirrhosis and I used to smoke a lot but have since quit after noticing them. They are all below the liver so I think it is more likely superficial thrombophlebitis or varicose veins . What do you think? I am 19 and hope lowering my BMI to a more healthy level will solve the problem.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013