Have lupus with liver involvement. Ultrasound shows hematology with fatty infiltration. Next steps?

I have recently been diagnosed with lupus (systemic not discoid), and there seems to have been organ involvement - namely my liver. A recent ultrasound showed severe hematology of 184 mm with fatty infiltration. My blood tests showed an elevated AST of 55 (normal 30) and an ALT of 72 (normal 39). This is not alcohol related since I rarely drink (I have had 3 drinks so far this year). I eat very well and up until I became sick last year, rode 100 miles per week on my bike. I m waiting for a referral to an Gastroenterologist but that will take a few weeks, if not months. What do you think next steps would be? Liver biopsy? And since this doesn t seem to be diet related, what can I do to get healthier? Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012