Have loose stitches in ankle causing an open hole. Should I worry of infection?

I had surgery on my ankle and there was stiches. The stiches became loose and now it s a open hole. The hole seems clean. I noticed when i cover it with guass it get s this brown fluid. I went to my doctors today and he said that he was stitch up today in surgery and clean it with saline . Im wondering if this infection is bad and im really concerned.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.

If an wounded area become swollen,red,painful & having discharge then it is said having infection.
These are the sign of infection.
But if these signs are absent then simple regular dressing is enough for healing of the wound.
Relevant antibiotic should be taken to prevent infection.

So do not concern about the problem.