Have lichen planus. Unilateral numbness of lips and tongue. Diagnosed with candida infection. Are these related?

Patient has lichen planus orally complains unilateral numbness of lip and tongue on the more effected side. I recently diagnosed Candida in that area and prescribed Mycelex troches. Resolved in 3 weeks. Then saw the pathognomoic picture of lichen in multiple areas. Pat feels better. I am now inquiring to confirm the numbness which remains as part of the lichen picture and its mode of expression. Thanks: Johnt Tortora D.D.S.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012