Have large cervical syrinx. Asymptomatic with strange sensations and dizziness. Recommend surgery? Fear paralysis?

i have a large cervical syrinx due to chiari 1. It is 10x13 mm wide and 8 cm long fromc1 -c7. I am fairly asymptomatic but do have a lot of strange sensations and dizziness , off and on. Would you recommend surgery. I do a watch and see approach with yearly mris. I am afraid of going paralyzed or dying from it expanding over time or suddenly. but terrified to do surgery also. Any thoughts
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
there is no harm in undergoing for surgery
as the ageincreases the cervical damages more
now a days there are laproscopes and we go with minimal access surgery evemn for cervical cases
and there are less chances of complications and recoveery time is also less