Have joint pain in entire body and crunching noises while moving. Appeared suddenly. Cause?

Hello sir thank you very much for taking the time.

I suffer from a very sudden onset of joint pain. And every single joint seems to be affected (elbows, fingers, ankles, hips, shoulders). Especially affected are my knees which hurt even when i'm resting. my knees have been crunching and popping for all my life but only now are they causing me (pain). What worries me most is the severity of the pain and the insane amount of crunching noises when i move, plus the fact that this appeared suddenly (i exercised heavily the day before) and seems to be affecting my entire body. The discomfort has only very mildly improved over the last 3 days. I am an otherwise healthy 24 year old male.

Can you just ease my mind a little bit? I'm terribly scared of having to endure this for the rest of my life.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013