Have hypertension. Prescribed Metoprolol. Now legs feel weak. Side effects?

I went in the hospital Monday morning for what I thought was a heart issue - but turns out I panicking about it - I spent the night, had several tests, and was told I am fine - with the exception of having hypertension (for last 3 years) and some extra PVC s .... they told me to stop taking the losartan and started me on metoprolol (12.5 x2 a day) .... my legs feel so weak! It feels as if I have been riding a bike for you think this is it? They also prescribed Paxil which made me feel absolutely awful - I took that for two days and today I did not take it. I really do not believe I need it. Could metoprolol be my problem? Is there an alternative?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013