Have herpes type 2, taking Vlatrex, have safe sex. Okay to have unprotected anal sex?

Hello doc, I have herpes type 2 for 4 years now , I m taking a suppressive therapy of valtrex 500mg once a day and never have an outbreak . I ve always used safe sex after this issue had accrued. I believe it was my penis that had contracted this STD , my current partner doesn t yet know of this issue, and he would like to start having unprotected sex, he s happy having a health check to be safe about it all, i know my situation and I m happy to tell him of my problem but would like to know if it is ok for me to receive unprotected anal sex whilst on the suppressive therapy.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012