Have headaches, blood patch. Had lumbar puncture. What is going on?

I had a lumbar puncture 2 1/2 weeks ago. Since then, I have had headaches . At times they are very severe, where I have to lay down to make the pain go away. There are also instances where I have even thrown up. Since the LP, I have had a constant headache, but not that severe. It is only severe from time to time, (ie: if I get up too fast, if I strain, tip my head over, etc). My doctor wants to do a blood patch to get rid of the headache, but he is skeptical that the headache is from the LP. How long does it take the dura to heal after a LP and should I do the blood patch anyway? Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013