Have hair loss. Diagnosed with scalp fungus. Prescribed Griseofulvin. Have throat pain and acid reflux. Related?

Hi I am a 41 year olf female who started to have severe hair loss almost 2 nonths ago. I just recently was told by a dermatologist that I have a scalp fungus. He was not clear. He prescribed Griseofulvin. But I have other things going on such as a slight throat pain, and earache. My acid reflux also has been severly acting up. Could all of these problems related. How does an adult get scalp fungus. I am very clean and wash my hair frequently. I do not use anyone hair brushes/ combs.
Can scalp fungus be related to cancer.
Please help, I have a appointment with my PCP this week. But I would like to have some clarity today.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013