Have had pain near lungs. What is the shadow on it shown in X-ray?

I ve had a pain for a long time and have been to the doctor a number of times and had a x ray which showed a small shadow on my left lung . Originally the pain was quite bad around my left shoulder blade. I could feel it also when l slept on my left side. I took antibotics and most of the pain went away but still remains in a small area which seems to be beside my spine but I sometimes feel it around my shoulder blade. I did have an additional 2 x rays which and apparently the shadow had gone. When the pain was very bad I could hear and feel a squelching this went away but I had the same squelching symptom again recently but it was only on one evening and it went away the next day. I used to smoke a lot the pain was worse when I smoked but I have now stopped. I also had a pulomonary lung test this was fine and just a regular ecg where I was lying down this was also fine. Should I get a CT scan
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012