Have had only tiny bowel movements, sickness, sluggish, affecting personality. What is wrong?

Hello, I haven t been able to have a proper bowel movement in about 2 and a half weeks, I ve had 5-6 tiny movements over the past weeks, but no bigger than a ten pence piece. I got a headache last week that still hasn t left me, and I m tired and sluggish all the time. I m so bloated, I can hardly eat, and when I do, it is tiny amounts of fruit/veg/salad and even they make me feel sick. I ve lost 13lbs since Christmas. I m currently drinking orange juice and coffee, although only small amounts at a time. Is there anything I can do to have a movement? I work from 9-4 Monday-Friday, and this makes it extremely difficult to see a doctor, as my doctor s is far away from me and I do not drive. Any advice would be fantastic, it s affecting my personality and making my job harder. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Radiologist 's  Response
Constipation for more than two weeks could point to poor functioning thyroid, diabetes or side effect of some medication. Also rarely in can be due to colorectal cancers. Since you have had weight loss which could be due to decreased intake of food or some underlying pathology as mentioned above. Stop on coffee as Caffeine is a diuretic (can stimulate the person to urinate more than usual). Urinating a lot decreases the level of fluids in the body causing a decrease in body water that may have been needed for a much softer fecal formation causing constipation. drink lots of fluids and fibre rich diet. Please get an ultrasound done and get an appointment with a doctor