Have had chest infections. Given doxycycline. Will I be okay?

Hi my name is carolann since july 2012 i have had chest infections ranging from 2-3 wks with a break of maybe 3 wks and reoccurring again most recent was monday 18th february 2013 i was given doxycycline 100mg i also have an inhaler and only one have i been sent for xray , It just seems now when i go to doctor i am being prescribed whatever since it has been ongoin. Just wondered what best antibiotic is for chest infection mild or severe thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013