Have had a sore throat, adenoids on fire, dry cough and wheezing with headaches. Is it just cold?

Hello , recently i have had a sore throat , feels like my adenoids are on fire , a dry cough with a little bit of wheeze when i cough , a headache from all the coughing. I feel very hot like i have a fever , my neck is stiff when i try and look to the side. Lots of congestion and mucus causing me to blow my nose frequently. Is this just a cold , can i just go on my way and hopefully feel better soon , or should i seek some medical advice , can this be something that may require medication ?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013