Have external hemorrhoid. Red, itchy, sticky skin around anus. What could it be, treatment?

I m a 35 male. I have an external haemorrhoid. I used some garlic and later apple vinegar to treat it It s still there but appears to be ok but the skin around it and anus became very itchy. I immediately stop using everything. It s been a week but the skin still slightly itchy and today it feels a bit sticky. Nothing coming out of the anus, just around the anus (skin). I checked the area with mirror and it looks very raw/red.....not sure what it is.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012