Have ear infection and Pharyngitis. Feeling fatigued and joint pain. Why am I not getting cured by medicine?

Hi I currently have an ear infection and Pharyngitis . I am extremely fatigued and have head aches, some slurred speech and joint pains. I have had a splenectomy due to spherocytosis , I take penicillin daily and have just finished a course of stronger antibiotics however i don t seem to be coming out the above symptoms. My GP has just prescribed some more antibiotics, a different type, and a decongestant. My question is why have i not responded to treatment and is there a possibility there could be more underlying problems. I trust my doctor but i appreciate they are guarded at times. Kind regards
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012