Have dizziness after appendectomy. Is this normal?

I had an emergency appendectomy 2 weeks ago today. This week I started feeling dizz and today my first day back to work 4 hours into my shift I had to check in with employee health and told the nurse practitioner I was dizzy . She , just like my surgeon was not surprised and said she hears this all of the time, she sent me home and said not to come back until symptoms were gone and if not go e soon return to my doctor. My co workers looked at me like I was crazy. I am 49 years old, a little over weight, female. So tell me is it all in my head?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at HCM!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole) and am glad to address to your query here.

It is not normal to feel dizziness after appendicectomy.
But it is not impossible. It may happen due to general weakness from the severity of appendicitis and surgical stress.
Was it a complicated appendix?

Also dizziness could come if BP is low. Did you check it?
Is it on getting up from sleeping/ sitting position?
Did you have fever?
Are you anxious and tense?

Relax and watch if you again get dizzy. If so, please get yourself checked up.

I hope you are fully satisfied with the guidance I gave.
Hope I have answered all your questions. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this answer.

Thank you and Good luck!

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.