Have disc hernia, chronic pain, effecting thecal sac, aches in thigh muscles. What can be done?

I have a disc hernia tigon at the l 2 3 level causing significant effect on the thecal sack. I have pain symptoms that I never felt before with my l3 4 hernia tigon meaning constant soat aching pain on the hams quads inner thigh muscles as well as the hip muscles. I mean constant extrutiating pain if I do not take my meds Will I ever be able to get back to normal and lead a normal life??? Surgery they say is not an option a this point because I am obese 300lbs I am scheduled for a nerve root block tomorrow is this a good idea or just a temporary fix???? I am in constant chronic pain and am tired of it I am taking oxy and anti inflames they help and also am going to try my medical marijuanna edibles do I have a chance at a quality life what are my options
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013