Have cough. Was diagnosed with sinusitis and allergies. On amoxicillin. Treatment?

Hi. I recently was diagnosed with sinusitis and allergies. I never had allergies before, so at first I was skeptical that was what was wrong. I was prescribed 10 days of amoxocillin and told to buy an OTC allergy medication, so I bought Walgreen's generic Zyrtec. I was feeling discouraged because though I've faithfully taken my antibitiocs, I could not stop coughing. Finally, on Monday when I started the allergy medication, my cough was starting to be alleviated. Unfortunately, this past week the back of my tongue has become swollen and it is painful to swallow. How can I treat this at home? My doctor didn't seem too concerned with it.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013