The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be attributed to the side effects of the Laxative. They are meant only for temporary relief from constipation
, hence regular use is not advised.
And as long as the underlying cause is not treated, symptoms will keep recurring.
The causes of constipation can be:
1. Any pathology/ sub acute obstruction in the Gastrointestinal tract
2. Irritable bowel syndrome- constipation predominant type.
3. Functional cause- due to decreased gastric motility
4. Inadequate intake of fluids & fiber rich diet
5. Hormonal & Metabolic causes, etc.
So, kindly consult a Gastroenterologist
& get a proper physical examination done.
Investigations like complete blood count
scan of abdomen, Colonoscopy
& contrast studies will be helpful to rule out any pathological cause for your symptoms.
There is no need to worry, you will be fine.
Till then, maintain adequate hydration & proper nutrition status.
Wishing a good health.