Have congestive heart failure. Prescribed Doxycycline for cough. Have headache. No fever. Anything to be concerned about?

I have CHF and have been had chronic hard persistent coughing the last 11 days. I did finally get a doxycycline and cheratussin liquid cough prescriptions from my GP 8 days ago but it seems there hasn t been any improvement. I still continue to cough continuously, am worn out, and have slight headaches . No fever . I m out of the Cheratussin meds and just starting taking Mucinex DM. Is there anything to be concerned about with taking this? It seems to have helped me in the past when I ve had congestion and hard coughing.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013