Have chlamydia. Pain in testicle. Diagnosed as epididymis. Will doxycycline helps to cure?

My gp suspects i got chlamydia from my girlfriend and i been tested and something did show up under microscope on swab test so i was given four tablets to take at once. I have had awful pain in the right testicle and my doctor felt the exact area and said it seemed to be the epididymis . I have got a back up prescription for doxycycline . Will this cure me because i not been able to perform since this occurred due to the pain.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012