Have chest pain when coughing. Have dizziness, tastes bad. Is it simple cold or something else?

I have this couph that started about a week ago, a few days ago it moved into my chest. It hurts when I cough and im producting a thick dark yellow mucas. I don't cough alot but when i do i cant stop till i get up the mucas thats trying to come out and it is hard to get it out. It also tastes bad when i cough and now i am getting dizzy after i cough. Not sure if this is a simple cold or if something else could be going on. I am not a smoker anymore. Smoke free for 5 years. Not overweight, healthy except for thyroid problems.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013