Have chest and back pain. Diabetic. Diagnosed with heart irregularities. Measures to take?

I seen my primary Doctor today about unusual chest and back pain. EKG showed no indication I had or was having a heart attack. Doctor did mention some slight irregularities that sounded like a heart murmor but was now sure. Was referred to a Cardioligist next week. Being a diabetic, the Doctor was concerned and wanted a Cardioligist to see me. I was not given a stress test. I'm a 47 Japanese female needing to know what measures I should take before next week appointment with the Cardioligist. Thank you... K
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013