Have burning type pain in throat. Is it an allergy? Use nasal spray?

I have a burning type pain in my right side of throat for several months that goes up to the right ear; have seen two doctors that say the ear and throat look fine and say it is allergies! i have never had allergies and the nasal sprays and decongestants do not work. The pain is becoming worse and is there all the time now.. I am conscious of it all the tie and am starting to need to take advil or tylenol for the pain. I am worried they are missing something! help? I have called an ENT for an appt. but it is 3 weeks away.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012