Have bronchitis, coughing wheezing. Given alvesco inhaler. Due for heart valve surgery. Can I use inhaler till surgery?

Hi I have had a bad bout of bronchitis for the last 4weeks have gone thru couple courses antibiotics i am improving but still have a cough and weezing i am due for Heart valve surgery in 2.5 weeks so my GP gave me an Alvesco inhaler to use daily until surgery I have never had this before i normally do not have respitory problems Do you think it is a good idea to use this inhaler right up to surgery?? i feel a bit concerned ? GP said not to worry but feel uneasy.. Thankyou
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012