Have been prescribed Minicycline for acne. Taking Trivora 28 birth control. Side effects?

My 20yr old daughter was prescribed minocycline for her acne problem 3mo ago. She also was prescribed Trivora28 birth control and we see the label on minocycline says to use backup method. I know the drug company has to cover thier bases. Should she have a true concern at this point? She has been have sex but not using backup method. Is there a % of risk that will make this more clear. Also, in my research, minocycline has terrible side effects.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013