Have been drinking a lot. Feeling very disoriented for days. What is the cause?

Hi Dr, just 2 weeks ago after having a good amount of alcohol to drink the day after i noticed i became very disoriented to the point i can barely think and do normal things. It has been 2 week and I’m still feeling this way. I’m about half better, but i would just like to know if you know the cause of this? This has happened before, maybe 2 times lasting 2-3 months. i find it very confusing because i have drank that much in the past and nothing has happened like this, only once in a while. For example, in the past i had to drop my college classes because it would be impossible to get there and be aware to think and such. idk if this has to do with anything, but i was pretty stressed the night i was drinking. Do you think the mix of alcohol and stress caused it? Because i noticed that every time i get stressed while i'm intoxicated I get this way. trust me, i won't drink like that again. please let me know what you think, i'm scared it will happen again without knowing the cause.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013