Have asthma, given prednisone, EPE shot and breathing treatment, CT scan done for clots in lungs. Blowing nose ejects blood. Whats the right remedy?

I have not felt well for almost 3 weeks now. I have been to my doctor, who put me on prednisone . I have asthma . It didn t work. I ended up at the ER because I was having very hard labored breathing . Xray was done, doctor says my lungs are clear. I was given an IV antibiotic and IV steroid . I was also given an EPE shot, and a breathing treatment, and sent home. Follow up with my doctor 2 days later because breathing has not improved. I had a CT scan done for blot clots in lungs. CT did not show any blood clots. I have been put on an antibiotic as well as advised to finish the prednisone. I have a horrible cough associated as well. I blow my nose constantly. Now, when I blow my nose, it s blood. My doctor has set me up to see a pulmonary specialist. What are we missing?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012