Have an infection. Taking antibiotics. What side effects can I expect? Dizziness?

I was prescribed an antibiotic earlier today for an infection I have. I took the first pill this evening, and while reading the pamphlet that came with the pills, it says that that this drug will make me feel dizzy, and that it should not be used when operating heavy machinery. I actually do have to lift heavy and expensive equipment at my job (won't be there until tomorrow afternoon so I am fine for now), but I am concerned about what I should do. I am not sure if all drugs to treat this type of infection have these sorts of side effects, and I am not sure about how to get a different prescription if that's something a doctor would arrange for me. Any response is appreciated!
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013