Have a small mass in lower abdominal wall, diagnosed as a scar tissue. Should I opt for the surgery?

Hi I am 28 year old black female. Back in September 2012 a small mass about 2.3 x1.5x1.3cm was found in my lower abdominal wall by mistake. It was seen on an ultrasound I was having done for something else. Now my doctors n surgeon think I should leave it alone they think its nothing but I feel like why would a mass be there for no reason. They said it could be scar tissue but it looks noncancerous but Is still on my mind. Got another ultrasound done last week and it now measures 2.1x1.2cm doc said he will remove it if I want but doesn t think it s nessary. I don t know what to do. I just want a biospy to see if its anything not surgery to remove it. What do u think?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Dear user ,

thank you for reaching out for advice regarding your health concern. answering your question directly if you want to do biopsy for it mind as well to remove it totally . but for two reasons i would recommend you to forget about it , first reason that your doctors already examined it and they don't suspect anything malignant , second reasons its getting smaller in size and that is a very strong sign that its not malignant or worrisome. if its getting more concerning for you , what you could do is to do another ultrasound by the end of this year and then decide if you want to remove it or not, keep in mind that its always better to avoid surgery and its anesthesia complications .

please rate if you found the answer helpful.
Best regards,
Ahmad , MD