Have a rod and 2 screws for a fractured femur, intolerable pain, started using crutches. Possibility of rod breakage. Symptoms ?

I have a fractured femur . It happened Aug 12th 2012. Doctor put in a rod and 2 screws. Had the screws removed because the fracture was not healing . That was 12/18 2012. Was doing good. Last night Pain got so bad I am back to using crutches. Doctor had said rod could break. What would my symptoms be if this has happened? ot to the point where didn t need the crutch to much and was able to drive. Last night pain was so bad I cannot put any weight on it and am back to using both crutches. My doctor. said there is a possibility that rod could break What are the symptoms if that happened?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013