Have Myocardial infarction. Get heart palpitation while smoking marijuana. Any danger in it?

a friend had a MI nine years ago. He s been smoking/vaperizing marijuana for three or four of the last years. He also gets a heart palpultations occasionally but only when he is smoking it. He tells me it works for him, sleep. relax, fun, etc and would be very hard to stop. 1st question: is it critical he stop? 2nd question: I ve read mixed reports on marijuana use as causing a 3-5 fold increase in another MI while other studies suggest it actually helps cardiovascular disease . What is the truth? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013