Have GI disturbance like a grumbly bowel. Had R-TKA. Taking tylenol. Is this because of virus?

Hi and thank you. I'm recovering from R-TKA and up until last Tuesday I was taking 2-3 Tramadol a day. My MD said the less I take before the next surgery (L-TKA) the better off I will be for controlling pain after the new surgery. I had one pill at bedtime Tuesday and Wednesday and nothing sense. I didn't sleep well the first two nights but doing better now with Tylenol p.m. My question: I have general GI. disturbance....not exactly like a dysentery but a grumbly bowel. General malaise also and I was really 'down' yesterday. Feel better today and my next surgery is 5/6/13. Am I doing well...or do I have a virus causing the symptoms?

Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013