Have COPD, swelling in feet and knees, weak heart due to lung condition. Life expectancy?

my mother has stage 5 c.o.p.d. and has had sweeling in her feet for the last several months.that swelling has now moved up her legs to almost her knees.I know that this is due to her heart becoming weak due to her lung condition but what I wantd to know is if this is a sign of the end of her life coming anytime soon as I live a 1000 miles away.thank you Kelly
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
I think that you are wrongly understood, COPD is not malignant disease, there is no staging in COPD, with this condition patient can live up to the normal life span, again COPD can be treated easily if the etiology is known, take care of you mother, have nice day.