Have BP. Had gained weight and was taking bc pill. Now on healthy lifestyle. CAn the medication be stopped?

I was put on bp medication 3 years ago, because at the time i was smoking and also on the bc pill. I also gained weight and was just unhealthy all the way around. I haven't smoked in 3 years, I am currently back on the bc pill and I have lost 22 pounds. I was switched to bystolic about 3 months ago, only taking 2.5 mg a night. The past few weeks I have felt tired, and dizzy at times. I've been monitoring my bp closely for about a week now and the highest it has gotten has been 140/71, which was right after a workout. 10 min after it was back down to 112/71. I'm only 25 years old and I have lost the 22 pounds in two months after finding out that I had hypothyroidism. I work out 3 times a week at least and i don't consume more than 1200 calories a day. My question is, now that I have a healthy lifestyle, is it possible that I don't need the bp meds anymore? I'm a little worried to stop them, being that they are a beta blocker, and I do not want to have adverse effects.

Thanks Sierra
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013