Has hypertension, headaches, joint pain, edema of ankles. Prescribed felodepin. Side effects?

hi, my wife has hypertension . her BP without medicine rises up to 180/89. she was prescribed Felodepin (Pendril) The medicine has produced many side effects viz. headache, joint pains pains in muscles and bones adjacent to show joints,odema of ankles -quite substantial. She has diabetes moderately controlled-Hab1c around 7.1-7.0 Recent results show some amount of micro albumin in blood and potassium is okay but close to the permissible value. Could you suggest what medicine should be given to control BP with minimum side effectc
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013