Has extra skin growth near anus, Fluid comes from it. What could be this?

hi doctor my husband has a small pink color skin extra growth near his anus it irritates him when he sits down i found that pink ball leaves out certain fluid which forms a patch in his pant when i asked him he said he has already experienced it and went to doctor .doctor said it was a fat which is forming a extra growth it disappears some time and grows sometimes can you suggest some help please
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Hi extra skin growth near can be external haemorroids.they cause pain during sitting and some fluid or blood comes out from it and stiches to can be cured by sucral n ointment or any antibacterial cream.sometimes skin tag or achordon also presents like description mentioned .if it is so treat it with electrocautery otherwise surgery is done to remove external haemorroids
Dermatologist Dr. Ilyas Patel's  Response

It seems that your husband may be having skin tag near anus.

It is also called achrocordon. There is a hypertrophy of dermal tissues causing overgrowth.. It may cause mild itching or uneasy sensation as it is near anus.

You consult dermatologist. After few blood tests, he may excise the growth under local anaesthesia. It is an OPD procedure.

I feel he may be alright after minor surgery.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD