Hardness on the knees, fall on the patella, have persistent skin numbness inferior to patella. Nerve damage?

Hi, I fell quite hard on my knees predominately weight bearing on my left side(was using a crutch on the left side and it gave way) I fell straight down on my patella with my lower leg flexed to 90 degrees. since the fall 10 days ago, I have had persistent skin numbness inferior to my patella in a rectangular area of approximately 6 square inches. it is not hot or cold sensitive, and all swelling is gone. could this be nerve damage?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012