Hard red area on perineum along perennial raphe. Why is it pus and blood filled?

Hi my husband has a hard red area on his perenium along the perineal raphe. It has burst with puss and blood , we drained it the most we could and cleaned with hydrogen and water mix and covered with a neosporin bandage . He had the same thing not even one month ago. We went to health clinic and he was given two types of antibiotic for ten days. They took a culture but we did not get a call. I am going to take him there again tomorrow however, I would like to know what type of care he needs to get to the bottom of what is causing this and not just put a bandaide over it and wait for to reoccur. Thanks so much, Holly
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012