Hard lump on the knee post a fall, knee gets stiff in the morning and cracks frequently. Help?

I have a problem with my left knee - fell on it about 2 months ago, was a hard impact puching my knee cap upwards. It was very swollen for a couple of weeks and I could not put all my weight on it. Now pain is much less and swelling is gone... however, there is on the outer side of the knee cap a hard lump - feels like part of the knee cap that is sticking out more or as if the knee cap has grown an extra part - does not hurt when i press it. My knee only gets a bit stiff and painful in the morning after being in bed all night and not moving. Als makes a lot of cracking noises.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012