Hard lump on knuckle after using handgun, sore to touch. What could be wrong?

A few months back I was at the shooting range. My handgun recoiled and smashed against my left thumb knuckle. It cut it very deep (I probably should`ve got stitches but I didn`t). The cut actually healed just fine,but I now have a small hard lump on the knuckle (at the exact point of impact where the gun smashed against my knuckle) that feels like it`s part of the bone. It`s still sore if I press on it,and my joint is sore when I use force with that thumb,such as making a fist or pressing down on something using that thumb. What could be wrong?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

From description , this hard lump most probably formed due to haematoma formation (collection of blood) which might get fibrosed or calcified.
It will take few weeks to months to get disappear.
I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination of swelling. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.
Meanwhile give hot fomatation over it, You can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.