Hard lump in crease of arm, difficulty in movement, severe pain try to open. What is it, require consultation?

I have a rather large, hard mass/lump in the crease of the arm , like the elbow crease. The mass is pretty big, maybe golf ball size. I can not fully extend my arm out, it feels like its pulling/ stretching , its almost like my arm wont extend out it hurta. It now has developed lines or indentions on top, maybe from my arm being closed, but the skin doesnt smooth out its lumped up on top. Its red, and sometimes hot to touch, but majorly painful when aggregated. Like trying to open arm, touching it, etc is painful. If i leave arm half way closed and do not touch its fine. I know something is not right, but I do not have insurance and i do not know what to do. Can you please tell me what this could be??? Anything I can do at home to get rid of it or should I go to the ER or find a doctor??
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Thanks for the query,
Lump in arm pit area can be an abscess due to bacterial infection.

However this area is rich in vessels and hence chances of thrombophlebitis is also there.

You may require treatment with antibiotics.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis and treatment as it is a very vital area.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you