Hard knot on the right side of upper nose during congestion or crying. Normal CAT scan, done tear duct draining. Cause and remedy?

I get a hard knot on the right side of my upper nose when I cry or get congested it comes and goes away. When it is there it is painful. It has been doing this for over 20 years, but Is becoming more frequent. I have had my tear ducts drained and had a cat scan which didnt show anything because the knot was not there at that time. What is it and what can I do? Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012