Hard bump on the site of gum swelling post stabbing it, bumps seems to be movable. Serious?

Im a 20 year old male. About three months ago a tortilla chip stabbed my gum onthe lower inside. The area was swollen immediately. The swelling has went down but i now have a hard bump there. A doctor told me that she wasnt concerned by it but i havent been able to get to a dentist due to insurance confusions. I get paranoid thinking it could be cancer . Also the bump seems to be moveable but i am not sure if its just the gum tissue moving any help would be appreciated i could provide more info if you need it
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Dentist 's  Response
trusting your dentist seems to be fairly okay here . because the bump has only occurred 3 months ago. it could possibly be the torn gum tissue that is moving. however a photograph of it could have been nice.
keep a close look over it and see if it changes its size .
take care