Hard, Colorless, Itchless, mildly Painful lumps under the skin.

My mother has hard, colorless, non-itchy bumps under her skin on the side of her right fore-arm and the back of her neck at the juncture of the shoulders. She says the one on her arm (which is very small, smaller than a penny, compared to the one on her neck which is probably 3-4x that) is beginning to feel painful. She noticed the one on her neck months ago, and the one on her arm just today. What could these be? I didn t want to post this in the cancer section... and I don t have the money for a consultation on this site. I hope someone can give me some insight. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011