Hands feel sweaty, sticky, no redness or rash. Is it serious?

My 25year old son says his hands feel sweaty & sticky like if you sit on a leather couch and then sweat you kind of stick to it. He has no other physical symptoms like excessive thirst. No other bodily sweating. No redness or rash . After hand washing it feels better for a little while but then starts to feel sticky again. I suggested he use more than plain soap & water. Something like Lava or Goop. He works at a paint store so I m thinking he came in contact with a chemical. He also just bought a new car & felt like his hands were sticking to the wheel. He s worried its something serious. Your thoughts?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013