Hand injury. Soreness in palm and side of hand. Should I get an x-ray done?

Hello Dr.Venkatachalam, My name is Conor. I will get straight into it. I punched a wall extremely hard nearly 3 weeks back while in a drunken bar fight. It was very sore for 3-4 days after it happened and i had some problems with moving it for awhile. Now, 3 weeks later, i have full motility of my hand back but it is still a little bit sore in two places(palm and side of hand just under little finger ). the pain is not too bad but i still cant go to the gym or lift very heavy objects without pain. should i get an x-ray or is it just bruised and in the process of healing? kind regards Conor Ryan
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012