Half tooth removed. Infection on gums. Then fully removed. Rotten taste, smell. Persisting infection?

2 Days ago I had my molar, upper left tooth removed. The tooth was half removed before by a different dentist. I was getting wicked headaches on the left side of my head so bad. So I cleaned it with a tooth pick and hit a nerve. Worst pain in my life. The next day I had it removed. There was an infection in the tooth exposed gums . After extraction, is that infection still there in my gums? Yucky rotten taste and smell dripping all day long.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013